Refund and Cancellation Policy
AIM: to provide a fair and transparent framework for providing refunds to students in the event of cancellation of a course either by the student or by the Emmett International Headquarters.
AUSTRALIAN COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY
Instructors make every effort to promote their courses in order to achieve a minimal number of student registrations for each course. However, on occasion there will be times when minimum registrations are not met, and the instructor may need to cancel or postpone a class.
Instructor Cancellation/Postponement- In those instances, the instructor must advise of the cancellation of the course two (2) weeks prior to the course start date and refund all deposits.
Student Cancellation - The Emmett Technique recognises that students may also be required to cancel a class they have registered for after they have already paid a deposit or the full course price - the below information details the cancellation policy.
- Non-refundable Deposit: Upon registration students are required to pay $170 deposit, which is deemed non-refundable or transferrable and will not be refunded upon cancellation by the student.
- Cancellation - More than 48 hours notice: Students are required to provide greater than 48 hours written cancellation notice to ensure the balance of the course payment or course credit is refunded or transferrable.
- cancellation - Less than 48 hours notice: Full course fees are forfeited for cancellations within 48 hours of the course start date.
- Travel/Flight Insurance: In order to reduce out of pocket expenses, it is recommended that students purchase changeable, or refundable airline tickets and arrange their own travel insurance that will cover their travel and accommodation should a course be cancelled.
- Course cancelled due to insufficient numbers: If the course is cancelled due to an insufficient number of registered students, then those students registered have the choice of having their course fee returned or applying their course fee towards the next course the student takes with the instructor.
Thank you for your understanding of the above policy and the needed for clear guidelines and transparency regarding the cancellation policy.
Considerable time, effort, resources and costs are incurred when holding a course and in registering for a course, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
Any questions? we are here to help - please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNATIONAL Course Bookings - Students who are booking through this website for courses held outside of Australia or New Zealand, please refer to your country's specific cancellation policy that is displayed on their website.